Stormdancer  - Jay Kristoff Wow. I'm utterly blown away with this novel and the rich text that Jay Kristoff has written it in. Buruu is one character that, at many times, holds my attention and puts a smile on my face. This is such a lovely novel that t first, is tough to get into but hard to leave when it's over. Stormdancer is written with rich writing and a beautifully done world that I love being in. Unfortunately, the problem with many rich worlds with bounteous description is that the descriptions become irritatingly annoying and I find myself missing simple writing a lot while reading. I've never read a novel about Japanese mythology so I find it hard and annoying to have to constantly check out the glossary for every word that I don't understand (there are many).Nonetheless, the world building is beautiful, the mythical and majestic Buruu feels more than realistic. Yukiko has an awesome gift that's different from all the other characters in other books I've ever read and although not many people have her gift, I like that she's not the only one who has it in the story. I also love the relationship between Buruu and Yukiko because it's well done but I feel like it could have been better since some parts move a little too quickly with their friendship. There's a lot of action and obstacles that help keep the story interesting and fun.All in all, this is a great start to a series that I'll probably read until the very end. And even though most of the characters feel a bit stiff at times, I recommend this to anyone who loves mythology, strong friendships, and a killer heroine.