Everybody Sees the Ants - A.S. King Told from Lucky’s perspective, a story about hating your life, helping others, and figuring out what you have to do to make the pain go away. Everyone said this book was really funny. I only found the way he thought about his parents was funny and that was it. I was pretty let down by that but, I could hardly put this book down because I was constantly wondering what weird things were happening to Lucky.The idea behind this story was clever, I loved the way Lucky thought as well as reacted to things. The jungle was interesting while confusing since it would change so easily. The characters were original and clear most of the times but near the ending, they starts to slide together. Lucky Linderman is different from most people.I kept waiting for A.S. King to give me more details on Lucky’s appearance other than that he was short and skinny. Before I saw the paperback cover for this story, I had no clue what he was supposed to look like which kind of irritated me. I love picturing what the author sees but here, Lucky was walking around faceless. I also didn’t like that I didn’t find this funny. I was expecting agreat laugh, something that would make me feel the way, Suicide Notes made me feel. But what I got wasn’t anything like that.One of the best things about this story had to be the ants because they were different and I loved reading about how they reacted to whatever Lucky was thinking. The writing style is always a hit or miss situation with me, but luckily, A.S. King wrote a well written novel that didn’t make my skin crawl because I knew what was happening (most of the time). Lucky Linderman is just an unusual character. I liked that A.S. King did a twist with this character and made him go from something boring to something that made me think about the way I see the world. The way that I see people too, Lucky compares people to other mammals and creatures like his mom is a squid while his dad is a turtle. I found that one of the best things about this book.The message in this book to me, is that you should stand up for what you want because no one is going to fight your battles for you. You have to remember that, if you think your life sucks or that you’re all alone, you’re not. Everyone around you sees the ants (have problems they have to deal with) as well. I would totally recommend this book to everyone who needs an eye opener to realize how hard other people have it and to re-shape the way you see the people around you.