Colin Fischer - Ashley Edward Miller, Zack Stentz I didn't expect to enjoy this book as much as I did. Ha ha Colin just doesn't know when to shut up at all. The story is told in third person but mostly focuses on Colin and how he reacts towards his surroundings. The idea behind this story is interesting and funny, Colin is a younger version of Sheldon Cooper in many ways as well as Sherlock Holmes. There seems to be a problem between third person books and I. For some reason, the ones that I've read are hard to get into and start off very slow. Colin Fischer is no different with a very slow beginning that was difficult to hold my attention. The clues that the authors provide in the book aren't as insane or intense as I was hoping they would be. It would have been better if the clues were a bit edgier and shocking since no one usually brings a gun to school. Some of the characters are choppy and very stiff. Since the story doesn't only focus on Colin but also the people he interacts with and I felt characters like Wayne Connelly could have been written smoother with more information about him.The writing style really fits the voice of Colin because it's awkward and a bit blunt. I just love Colin! He's funny and he's different, he knows a lot about facts and how to investigate things yet, when it comes to people and emotions, he doesn't understand anything at all. The authors do a fine job by adding little notes and pieces of the things Colin writes about in his notebook rather than just narrating what he puts in it. The relationship between Colin and his family is another thing I like about this story because you can see the struggles his parents go through to make Colin feel comfortable as well make sure they have memories of their son. Another thing I like about this book is that it teaches you a lot. I learned a lot about animals, the history of the world and the people who lived on it, as well as psychological facts. I learned so much that I had to tell the people around me about the new things I learned and how great this book is. Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I feel like I can relate to Colin on a personal level about his views on people and how they can be very odd. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a book that will make you believe that you can become a detective. A fun, short read that makes people think and realize more about the world around them.