Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher This book is different than the rest of the suicidal books I’ve read because Hannah Baker is already dead.What I don’t like about this books is that even though one point of view was written in italics and the other one wasn’t, I still kept forgetting who was talking and who wasn’t because in some parts it would be a line from Hanna and then right after, a line from Clay. And I felt like Clay’s reason wasn’t as intense as the other reasons Hannah explains. It seemed like nothing actually, but I liked the other reasons.What I do like about this book is how Hannah feels about every reason, and how she starts every reason from the beginning to the end so that everyone who was listening would know and understand the full story about what happened. The thought that went into every reason is amazing, Jay Asher really wanted this to be realistic and somewhat sadistic towards readers (I got pretty paranoid after reading one reason that I just could open my blinds). The characters are original and really do seem like actual teenagers who do weird things. Also, when Clay talked about the signs for depression and the ways he could have helped her, I loved how it was vague yet specific at the same time so that this book could also be something for people to relate to and also look to for answer on how to tell whether someone is depressed or not. Jay Asher’s first novel is a for sure read for anyone who loves reading about realistic teens doing horrible things to themselves and to others. And finding a way for it to never happen to someone they know.