That Summer - Sarah Dessen I was so disappointed with this book but I guess that’s why this is her first book.What I don’t like about this book is that Haven doesn’t fall in love with someone. I thought she would find someone-anyone to go out with like in all of her other books but nothing like that happens. Also that the message in this book is clear at times but fuzzy at others, I wish Sarah Dessen was consistent like how she is with her more recent novels. But more importantly, this book was a huge let down for me because she fell short in almost every category that Sarah Dessen usually excels in. What I like about this book is how awkward Haven is. The character Haven to me, was very original because she’s a girl trying to figure out who she is, while being so tall that she feels uncomfortable with her height and how much everyone loved to talk about how tall she is. And I the sisterly-love near the end of the book because, really, family is forever. This book shows you that you really can’t change who you’re stuck with and you have to live with what you got. And at the end of the day, would you really want to change your family?