Divergent  - Veronica Roth I’m still shocked that I actually really enjoyed this book. This book is one of those book that makes me never want to underestimate a book again.At the beginning of the story, it was so boring that I had to stop a few times because I couldn’t take just how slow-paced it was. It wasn’t until somewhere in the middle when it finally picked up (only a bit) and I started enjoying the book. What I didn’t like about this book is that it reminded me a lot of The Hunger Games because even though this book is in a different place, I felt like the idea was very similar. I also didn’t like how emotional Tris got throughout the better half of the book. Veronica Roth wanted to make it clear that Tris was a very strong girl. And, yes, even though Tris does face very hard, very unbearable things throughout it, I still felt that she also cried when it was over something small and I would roll my eyes at her. A lot.The ending of Divergent really surprised me because I actually wasn’t expecting it ( I had a hunch but that was it). What I liked about this book is that Tris got to experience new things while still learning old things as well. The different names and traits of each faction was a bit hard for me to remember, but once they stuck, I realized just how much I loved them.The names are so very clever. I loved how they had to follow a certain dress code and a certain way of life that was different for each faction. So much happened in the ending that it made me pay more attention because I knew that something big was going to happen. The ending to this book is amazing and I laughed a lot in the middle and near the end.Even though I found Veronica Roth’s book to be slow, she made up for it with a smashing ending that not only put Tris’ strengths to the test but also the strengths’ of the people she loved and cared about too. I recommend this book to anyone who doesn’t mind slow books with great endings with characters that are easy to get attached to.