Shadow and Bone - Leigh Bardugo How on earth did I allow this amazing book to sit on my bookshelf for months without reading it? How? The second I picked this book, it was near impossible to put down. Told from the perspective of Alina Starkov. A story about Standing out when all you want is to fit in. I love this book a lot. My new favourite! There isn't anything that I dislike about this book.I loooovveeeee the writing style! It's so very smooth. The characters jump right off the pages with the right amount of information that they aren't choppy or stiff. There is so much action and adventure that goes on in the book that I never felt bored or barely put it down. With many twists and surprises, I was left in the dark about what would happen next. I loved it! Usually, certain romances annoy me and are very shallow. The romance in Shadow And Bone isn't like that. I can easily make sense of Alina's choice and her need for affection because she was so neglected as a child. Shadow and Bone has brought out a shit load of emotions from me. Not only did I cry but I laughed and then squealed and then almost threw the book out the window because I got really upset with Mal and Alina. Overall, an amazing read that I would recommend to everyone. Especially if you're a fan of The Hunger Games and badass girls kicking some serious ass.