Chasing the Skip - Janci Patterson After reading 200 pages of this novel, I gave up and skimmed the rest. I'm glad I did because from the reviews I've read about this, I didn't miss much. Chasing The Skip had an interesting story line and okay idea, I was hoping to like it. But instead I was left with very stiff, annoying characters and a very disorganized story. There isn't anything that stood out to me in a good way because I couldn't get over the way Ricki acts throughout the whole story.Ricki, throughout the books constantly changes her age from acting like a fifteen year-old to acting like a three year-old, to a ten-year old who has a crush on an older boy. At first, I thought this part was kind of cute, the relationship between Ian and Ricki is blooming and it's cute until it started to get annoying and stupid. What I really dislike about this book is that Ricki feels the need to impress Ian and change herself just so that he'll like her. I find that very stupid and not a very good message to send out to readers who might think that this is the case. The way she is around isn't the most annoying part of the book or even the character.The most annoying part has to be how easily the author skips over the serious things that has happened to the father. I think that if Janci Patterson had explored the father and his situation that is his past a lot more, I could have enjoyed the relationship between him and Ricki. I was left feeling frustrated that I didn't know very much about the dad and his past life, or any of the characters for that matter. Ricki's best friend and boyfriend seem like ink on paper and nothing more.With all of that been said, that wasn't anything that I liked about this book. I wouldn't recommend this book for anyone just because after reading this book, I felt cheated and left very disappointed.