Life is But a Dream - Brian James 3.5/5-If only this book was as good as the summary, it would have been a better read. The cover really drew me in because of her glowing blue eyes and the beautiful leaves that draped over her. It's so beautiful.Told from Sabrina's perspective, a story about loss, love, and freedom. James Brian could have done a much better job with this. The idea behind this story isn't very original and it showed because there wasn't anything special about the book. The characters were a bit confusing and weren't clear about the way they were supposed to be presented. Sabrina was very confusing since she saw things differently than others which made it hard for me to understand some of the things.What annoyed me the most was the writing style because it was smooth and easy to read, instead it was choppy, confusing, and annoying. Brian James didn't use quotation marks for when a character was speaking which I thought wouldn't make any difference to me, but it did because when I thought a character was talking, they really weren't. Life Is But A Dream is not a book full of action and intense moments you'd think would be in a story about escaping a mental hospital. Not at all. I was really let down that there wasn't any chase scene, fights, and adults looking like fools. I was expecting at least something, even when they were trying to escape the hospital, it let me down. The relationship between Sabrina and Alec is a bit boring and typical, I wished Alec was different and didn't stand up for Sabrina as much, then it would have been different.Even though I didn't like the constant details of everything Sabrina saw, I liked having a vague picture of it. When she explained about the clouds and the static that was controlling people, I thought that was cool because in a way, its true. People are being brainwashed to believe in things that are broken instead of opening their eyes and seeing how awful the world is. I also liked the ending because Sabrina was forced to look inside herself and a very hard decision about whether she actually needed help or if the doctors were playing a cruel joke on her to keep her to stay.I would recommend this book to people who don't really care about action in books, but more about the message. The message in this book is an easy one but with a different way of saying it since Sabrina is a bit different from other people.