The Vast Fields of Ordinary - Nick Burd The plot of this story is similar to other books about gay teens but there were so many twists and surprises that set this book apart from the rest. The best character had to be Alex Kincaid himself! He was mysterious, loved sex, did drugs, and knew how to party. What I learned from this book was that, if you pushed the one you love away for long enough, they won’t be waiting for you and they will move on. Also that having to watch as they become happy with someone else could lead to drastic things.The only thing I didn’t like about this book was the ending. I truly don’t know whether I liked it or not, it seemed like something was missing about the ending.There were so many things that I loved about this book. Like other gay books, I loved the struggle Dade had to go through to figure out if he truly wanted to be with Pablo or move on. The way Nick Burd wrote this book was beautiful, I could follow it like I was watching a movie. Nick Burd did a great job with forming the relationship between not only Dade and Alex, Dade and Lucy, but as well as Dade and Pablo. What made me cry was near the end, the tragedy was shocking. I wasn’t expecting it yet I was expecting something at that level. The Vast Fields Of Ordinary is an amazing book for anyone who is going through a struggle with their sexuality and with friends. I want Nick Dade to come out with another book so that I can read it and hopefully fall in love with it.