Eighth Grade Bites - Heather Brewer Eighth Grade Bites isn't your typical vampire story. There aren't vampires trying to go 'vegetarian' or that kind of insta-love thing going on. Told in third person and mostly focuses on Vlad the half vampire who doesn't know much about his vampire side comes a funny yet dark read.The whole book moves a bit too fast for my liking. Because of this, the characters don't jump out at me as much as I would like them to. They just go through the motions without lingering on the important topics and the friendships that go on in the book. Although this book is quite mysterious, the clues given are not. They are pretty mediocre and not exciting as they should be with a plot about death and family secrets.Otis is an awesome character. He's the kind of guy who is completely unpredictable. When I thought I had him all figured out, he does something that leaves me in the dark again. I like the writing style because even though most of the characters didn't catch my attention, the writing is smooth and certainly did. Another thing I like is the humour. Because the book is somewhat funny with relationships between the characters that seems real and sweet.Overall, Heather Brewer does a good job with this. It's not perfect, nor does it start off on a great note, but I did enjoy it. I recommend it for fantasy lovers who love vampires. Or even if you're looking for an innocent romance because the romance in the book is so sweet it broke my heart.