The Exemeus (The Exemeus, #1) - Folami Morris,  Abeni Morris Most of the book is told from the perspective of Haylee and her life on Earth while Dephon is just reading about her. The ExemeusIsn’t a bad book, but it is a bit on the mediocre/ mainstream side. The romance in the book has been done before. With the insta-love and everything that goes on with the couple, it gets very annoying. But I still liked the book with the many different types of magic, worlds, and love. The Exemeus is a (mostly) fun read that many people will enjoy.It’s blindfully obvious that Haylee and singleton are in love. Many books have this type of insta-love that also shows the couple facing many obstacles. What makes me dislike the romance is that they feel the need to touch each other every second of every day. There is a line between affctionate couples and tooaffectionate couples. Not only this, but some of the characters are boring and dull. I especially didn’t like reading about Dephon and his sad, whimpy ways.Usually, when I read a book, that’s in third person, it takes me a while to feel connected with the book and enjoy the writing. This isn’t the case with The Exemeus in fact, the writing makes it more enjoyable and tolerable of the romance. I love the idea of having two stories fit into one book almost perfectly. It also better that Dephon and Haylee have a connection to each other. The ending is a surprise! I was not expecting what happens because when you think its predictable, it takes a sharp turn and you are left in the dark. I was only expecting about a quarter of what happens.Jacqueline is an awesome character. She is so laid back and all hakuna-matata-like about everything. I love her and her blue tipped hair! This book isn’t perfect but the action and adventures Haylee faces is worth the read. I recommend this to anyone who loves stories with different perspectives, magical beings, and a world full of destruction where the only hope for peace is far too young to understand.