The Immortal Rules - Julie Kagawa This book has been on my TBR list for quite some time. And although I started it about a year ago, I honestly thought that I wasn't going to finish it anytime soon. I am so glad that I did! Allison is such a badass character who's very fun to read about. The book is told from the perspective of Allison and at first, her life as a human and then her life as a vampire. The Immortal Rules could have been shorter. Somewhere in the middle of the story, it starts to get sloppy and boring with Allison just exploring the place around her. I also don't like the way Julie Kagawa portrays the only other female character as this bitchy girl who hates Allison for no reason. Although this does happen in real life, I feel like she overdid this a little too much for my taste.I love how cool and fearless Allison is even when facing dangerous, evil creatures (especially when she was human). It's a nice change-up from the average girl who needs to always be saved. The writing style throughout the book has this sense of dauntlessness to it. While reading this, I felt braver, as if I could kick some major Vampire ass of my own.Nonetheless, this book is about vampires. It does take place in a post-apocalyptic setting but it's like many other dystopian. And I didn't care much for the romance (but Zeke is so precious though), I didn't feel annoyed by it. Julie Kagawa does a fine job writing a story about something so overdone and mainstream and putting her own little twists and turns to make it something different. I cannot wait to finally read The Eternity Cure which is the second book in the Blood Of Eden series.