The Forsaken - Lisa M. Stasse The Forsaken is told from the perspective of Alenna Shawcross. The idea for this story isn't original, it has been done multiple times before by other books/movies. Almost all of the characters were boring and I didn't feel sorry for them when I should have. Lisa M. Stasse's writing was very odd. To me, it felt like she wanted this story to be in third person but instead wrote it in first which made it choppy and annoying.Alenna Shawcross is a very typical character. Nothing about her stood out to me which didn't help the book. Alenna plays the guitar, she doesn't fit in anywhere, nobody noticed her before she was on the wheel. I didn't feel connected to her at all. It wasn't until things started to speed up and romance started to blossom that I started to dislike Alenna a lot. She had never kissed a boy before the wheel or had a boyfriend, so, how does she know she's in love after only a month of being on the wheel? That really agitated me. It agitated me because the relationship is very new yet she's sure of her feelings after a month. Not realistic at all.The Forsaken reminds me of so many other medias that I enjoyed a lot more than this like: The lord of the flies, V for Vendetta, Divergent, and Blade just to name a few. There was barely anything original about it. In the first chapter we learn a lot about Alenna and her life as well as other things. There was too much explanation in the first chapter which made me lose interest a bit. I didn't know what exactly was going to happen in the end, but it was easy to predict a very typical ending that did not leave very much interest for me to want to read the next book in this series.There was very little that I actually enjoyed about this book and one of the things I liked were the drones. I liked the drones because they were reckless, fearless, and very stupid. They destroyed everything they touched yet didn't care in the slightest. The cover art is beautifully done as well and that really drew me in. I love how it goes well with the idea of the government controlling everyone and everything.There are a lot of dystopian books out there but this one would not be anywhere near the top of my list. Fans of The Hunger Games may like this but may also dislike this book like I did. I wouldn't recommend this unless you want to read a remake of The Hunger Games and Lord Of The Flies.