Uncommon Criminals - Ally Carter The story is told from third person and mostly focuses on Kat. There are new characters, adventure, and lots of conning. In very rare cases, a sequel will be better than the first but sadly, this book doesn’t beat out Heist Society. There are too many twists and some of the new characters are stiff and chalky. Even though I love the idea behind this book (Cleopatra is pretty awesome) and the obstacles Kat and her crew faces, it seems like half of the story is stiff while the other half is about family.There’s a few things that I don’t enjoy about this book because I know that Ally Carter could have done a better job. In the first book, I didn’t mind the repetition of how amazing these kids are but in the second book, I find that it’s just too much and gets annoying really fast. Not only does the repetition bother me, but so does the romance between Kat and Hale. It’s so stiff and boring. Even when Kat freaks out over stupid things, I didn’t feel much. The ending is a bit of a disappointment because it seems a bit disorganized and messy. Nothing is properly put into place so it’s easy to get confused and bored. I think Ally Carter put so much time into making the heist itself perfect that she forgot that her characters are supposed to jump off of the pages.I still really love her writing style. Like I mentioned before, the heist itself is good, there are a lot of obstacles that keeps you entertained. And the relationship between Kate and Maggie because they are very alike yet very different. I also like that Kat gets her ass handed to her by someone she barely knows.Fans of Heist Society might be disappointed with this. I still recommend it because this is still an Ally Carter novel. I’m hoping that Perfect Scoundrels, the third book in this series, will be the best book yet.