34 Pieces of You - Carmen Rodrigues A story about pain and getting over a big part of your life when all you want to do is let go. In this story, there are three different perspectives--Jake's, Jess', and Sarah's. They are told before and after the incident. Each of them go through different phases on Ellie's death and how it effected them. I like the idea for this story because it's simple yet pretty complex. The characters are okay and easy to swallow some of them are typical and boring while others are so interesting and full of life. Out of the three of them, Jake is my favourite because he plays a very huge role in this book and he's the only one I feel for. Also, the ending isn't anything special, it's typical and I didn't feel for it at all.The notes that Carmen Rodrigues puts at the beginning of each chapter is really cool but also really confusing. Instead of making it obvious which character Ellie is talking about, most of the notes could be about more than one and I didn't know who or what was happening between Ellie or what she felt. I also don't like that there isn't a clear line to what had happened to Ellie. I wish that what happened to her was actually put in the story because after finishing the book, I'm still left with unanswered questions. The characters of Jess and Sarah are not very interesting. I don't like Sarah because she felt like words on paper, not much about her stands out and I didn't feel sad for her when I probably should have. Jess didn't feel relevant to the story until somewhere in the middle. Nothing about her told me she belonged when the story first starts. I wish Carmen Rodrigues made Jess stronger from the beginning instead of putting the important parts near the ending.34 Pieces Of You has really short chapters. I could finish about fifty pages without even realizing it because the chapters are short and easy to swallow. I love the writing style, the words aren't choppy or awkward. For the most part, they fit and make sense. The cover art is amazing! It really pulls me in. The cover goes well with the description the book gives of Ellie which makes me happy too.Overall, this book is an okay read. There isn't very many funny moments because it's a serious topic, but the chapters are short and the writing is well written. I would recommend this to anyone who likes books about serious topics and getting over the past that are told from different perspectives.